It’s easy to track progress on I-69 Finish Line with construction photos updated weekly on our project website. See all of the progress that’s been made this past year in Martinsville and Morgan County. As construction moves to the north, watch for more construction photos this spring from Johnson and Marion counties. We combined some of our favorite winter shots into a short video with our crews working through the snow, rain and cold weather.
There was a very visible sign of progress earlier this March with the installation of 14 large concrete beams for the new I-69 bridge over Sartor Ditch. It took crews only nine weeks after the State Road 37 closure in Martinsville to remove the old pavement, dig out the new ditch alignment and pour the concrete substructure to allow for beam installation.
- Drainage structure installation is expected to close Southview Drive today for realignment west of Mahalasville Road in Martinsville. Access to the nearby Williamsburg Apartments will be from the west using Burton Lane and Southview Drive. Click here to view a map of the detour.
- Asphalt plants have reopened and more permanent pothole repairs have begun in the I-69 work zones. Stay alert for flaggers and short-term lane closures while the asphalt cools. Where needed, a final layer of surface asphalt will be paved as temperatures warm this spring.
- More permanent lane markings have been applied in downtown Martinsville where traffic patterns were changed ahead of the S.R. 37 closure.
- North of S.R. 144 near Bargersville, some local roads have permanently closed at S.R. 37 to install new utility lines and to start access road construction. You can see where existing local roads will be connected to I-69 access points by viewing maps of the S.R. 144, Smith Valley Road and County Line Road interchanges.
- Both Stones Crossing Road and Travis Road are closed west of S.R. 37. The best local access to the area is from the south using S.R. 144 and Old S.R. 37/Old Port Royal Road.
- Watch for I-465 shoulder closures each workday, as weather allows, on the southwest side between I-70 and I-65. Specialized crews are collecting soil samples to inform the design of added lanes for I-465 in the area.
- New utility lines are being installed, both underground and overhead, near S.R. 37 from County Line Road to I-465 to make way for I-69 construction. Want to be alerted when crews plan temporary lane closures and flagging? Be sure to follow our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages.
Reminder: The project office is closed temporarily, but you can call or email with any questions, 855-INDOT-4U and INDOT@indot.in.gov.
About I-69 Finish Line
I-69 Finish Line is the sixth and final section of the Interstate 69 connection between Evansville and Indianapolis. The project will upgrade the existing State Road 37 to interstate standards between Martinsville and Indianapolis.Governor Eric Holcomb’s Next Level Connections program fully funded project and accelerated construction by three years. I-69 Finish Line is expected to open to traffic in late 2024, improving safety and reducing travel time.
Southeast Indiana, including Johnson and Morgan counties
East Central Indiana, including Marion County