There will soon be a safe way for students and residents to cross State Road 37 near Martinsville High School. The Grand Valley Boulevard overpass is an improved east-west connection for both vehicles and pedestrians.
The overpass will connect neighborhoods on the west with restaurants, shops and other businesses on the east side. The sidewalks, which were poured earlier this month, will provide a new, safe connection for pedestrians.
Pedestrian fencing, barriers, painting and roadwork must be completed before the overpass opens. That work is expected to be completed by late spring and you’ll have a chance to walk or drive across the new Grand Valley Boulevard overpass! Check out this short video to learn more about this new connection.
- Watch for State Road 37 to be reduced to two lanes at S.R. 39 starting this week as crews prepare to rebuild S.R. 37 lanes, including the new Indian Creek bridge. S.R. 37 will be reduced to two lanes much of this year.
- When the lane reductions begin on S.R. 37, the left lane of southbound S.R. 37 will close past the S.R. 39 exit. The right lane of S.R. 37 northbound will be an exit-only lane onto S.R. 39/Morton Avenue. Click here to view a map of the area.
- Crews are continuing to work on center pier construction on the new Henderson Ford Road and Egbert Road overpasses over S.R. 37. There could be temporary lane closures in the area.
- Another new overpass is taking shape. Work on the piers for the Perry Road bridge will begin this week. I-69 Finish Line includes 43 new bridges and 14 overpasses and underpasses.
- Watch for a few rolling closures on S.R. 37 at Henderson Ford Road today through Wednesday to allow crews to move cranes. The rolling closures are expected between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. and will last about 10 minutes.
- Remember that left turns are now prohibited at S.R. 37 and Perry Road. With heavy equipment in the area, driver visibility is limited. Motorists can make a U-turn at one of the crossovers or follow the detour signs. Click here for more information and click here to see a map of the area.
- Traffic is expected to shift this week on S.R. 39 from Morton Avenue to the railroad tracks. Lanes will shift to one side, allowing crews to widen the other side of the road. Concrete barrier will detour business access to rear entrances off Mitchell Avenue and Josephine Street. S.R. 39 improvements are being made to prepare for next year’s temporary closure of a portion of S.R. 37.
- This is National Work Zone Awareness Week. Be sure to slow down and stay alert to protect our workers and other motorists. Click here to see our I-69 Finish Line workers in action and click here for more work zone safety tips from INDOT.
Reminder: The project office is closed temporarily, but you can call or email with any questions, 855-INDOT-4U and INDOT@indot.in.gov.
About I-69 Finish Line
I-69 Finish Line is the sixth and final section of the Interstate 69 connection between Evansville and Indianapolis. The project will upgrade the existing State Road 37 to interstate standards between Martinsville and Indianapolis.
Governor Eric Holcomb’s Next Level Connections program fully funded the $1.5 billion project and accelerated construction by three years. I-69 Finish Line is expected to open to traffic in late 2024, improving safety and reducing travel time.