I-69 Finish Line continues to reach project milestones and make progress toward completion. You can see progress day-to-day as you travel along the corridor, where active construction is taking place at several locations in Morgan, Johnson and Marion counties. Construction is spaced out along the corridor to reduce impacts to motorists while maintaining an aggressive timeline for completion. To view maps and an estimated timeline for each of the construction locations, visit I-69 Construction Schedule.
When the entire corridor opens to traffic in late 2024, I-69 Finish Line will have constructed more than 26 miles of new interstate highway, added 35 new lane miles of local access roads, built 39 new bridges and built 10 new interchanges to replace at-grade intersections and access points. See some of the major changes already complete by viewing these before and after photos.
Thank you for your continued patience and support and as we move toward the finish line!
- There will be nighttime single lane closures on I-465 between Kentucky Avenue and US 31 this week. These closures will be at various locations for maintenance and structure installation work.
- Be aware of possible 20-minute traffic stoppages on Bluff Road, Meridian Street, and Harding Street between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- The southbound US 31/East Street ramp to I-465 westbound will remain closed until 2024.
- On Thursday, Sept. 7, there will be southbound ramp closures at Smith Valley Road between 9 p.m. and midnight to install high mast lighting fixtures. Traffic will be detoured to County Line Road.
- Except for special circumstances (see above), the southbound ramps to and from Smith Valley Road are open. There is no direct access to northbound SR 37 from Smith Valley Road and northbound ramps will open later this year. Watch this video to learn about the changes and detour.
- Northbound SR 37 will have a single lane condition under the SR 144 bridge until October as crews continue working on the mainline over Bluff Creek just south of the interchange.
The actual starting date and duration for work and any closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.