Last week the I-69 Finish Line project reached a major milestone at Bluff Creek just south of the State Road 144 interchange. Beams were set and the deck was poured on the last of 20 bridges in the southern section of the project in Morgan and Johnson counties.
Click here to watch a short video of bridge crews setting the last I-69 bridge beams in Johnson County. And as a reminder of how much progress has been made along the corridor, head on over to i69finishline.com to view before and after photos of the major changes in Marion, Johnson and Morgan counties.
Bridge construction is a major part of I-69 Finish Line. In total, 39 new bridges have been or will be built and 35 existing bridges have been or will be rehabilitated or replaced as part of the overall project.
- The northbound US 31 ramp to eastbound I-465 will be closed beginning Friday, Sept. 29 at 9 p.m. until Monday, Oct. 2 at 5 a.m. for noise barrier work. Expect up to four additional weekend closures for this ramp in the coming months.
- Belmont Avenue is currently closed from Banta Road south to the east entrance of the Lighthouse Landing apartments. In early October Banta Road will close at State Road 37. These closures are expected until mid or late October. Learn more here
- The eastbound ramp from Mann Rd. to I-465 is expected to be closed through at least the end of October.
- There may be nighttime single lane closures on I-465 between Kentucky Avenue and US 31 next week. These closures will be a mile or less each at various locations for maintenance and structure installation work.
- The southbound ramps to and from Smith Valley Road are open. There is no direct access to or from northbound SR 37 from Smith Valley Road. Northbound ramps will open in late 2023. The northbound detour is Bluffdale Road between Smith Valley Road and County Line Road.
- Northbound SR 37 will have a single lane condition under the SR 144 bridge until work on the mainline allows for traffic to be switched to its proper lanes. That move is expected by early November.
The actual starting date and duration for work and any closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.