Road closures will begin along Belmont Road in late September, lasting through October for road construction and repaving activities.
Southbound Belmont Ave. from Banta Rd. to the Lighthouse Landing apartments entrance will be closed on or after Sunday, Sept. 24 through mid-October for pavement removal and replacement. During this time, those needing to access the Lighthouse Landing Apartments will need to use the Banta Rd. entrance on the north side of the complex.
On or after Sunday, Oct. 1, east and westbound Banta Road will also be closed through mid-October to lower Banta Road under future I-69. During this time, local traffic north of Banta will need to proceed north to Epler Road on Belmont Avenue.
Crews will be working to reopen both roads as soon as possible, but construction times may be affected by weather or other conditions. We’ll continue to provide status updates about the closures on social media and in upcoming editions of On Track.
- The traffic switch on Southport Road over SR 37 is scheduled take place next week. Crews currently are constructing the new multi-purpose path on the north side of Southport Road.
- The northbound US 31 ramp to eastbound I-465 may be closed beginning as soon as Wednesday, Sept. 20 for noise barrier work. Updates on times and durations will be forthcoming.
- Right-of-way fence removal and replacement will continue for the next few weeks along I-465 west of Mann Road. The gap between removal and replacement is anticipated to be approximately one week, so please leash pets while there is no fencing along this corridor.
- Nighttime single lane closures are possible on I-465 between Kentucky Avenue and US 31 next week. These closures will be a mile or less each at various locations for maintenance and structure installation work.
- Mann Road to eastbound I-465 is expected to be closed through mid-October as crews continue to construct I-465 retaining walls along Thompson Road.
- Permanent striping operations will take place on northbound and southbound I-69 from Morgan Street to the Henderson Ford interchange. Watch for crews and use caution as you travel through this area.
- The permanent concrete island is complete at the SR 144 interchange. Placement of final pavement will soon follow.
- We encourage motorists travelling along SR 37 north of SR 144 to use extra caution as the concrete barrier that separated the north and southbound lanes has been replaced with construction barrels.
The actual starting date and duration for work and any closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.