Shorter days and cooler temperatures mean autumn is here. Active construction will continue along the project corridor throughout the fall and into winter. Motorists should still expect ongoing traffic changes during this time and be patient as crews work to wrap up this construction season.
By Thanksgiving most of the planned construction for the year will be complete, along with some new openings and closings. Crews will continue to work during the winter months as weather permits, but overall construction and traffic impacts should decrease noticeably.
- Crews wrapped up the noise barrier work on the on the ramp from northbound U.S. 31 to eastbound I-465 over the weekend but will need another night or two to install lighting fixtures. Those closure dates have yet to be determined.
- Banta Road is expected to open later this week.
- The eastbound ramp from Mann Road to I-465 is expected to open at the end of October.
- There will be nighttime single lane closures on I-465 between Kentucky Avenue and U.S. 31 this week. These closures will be at various locations for maintenance and structure installation work. Please remain alert as you drive through the work zone.
- A single northbound lane closure on S.R. 37 will be in place under the S.R. 144 bridge until the end of November to allow crews to finish mainline paving in the area.
- The ramp from northbound S.R. 37 to Smith Valley Road is anticipated to be open by late October.
The actual starting date and duration for work and any closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.