The I-69 Finish Line project team is helping teach and inspire future civil engineers through hands-on experience. Recently, more than 55 students from Purdue University’s Lyle School of Civil Engineering toured the I-69 project site and got a behind-the-scenes look at all the moving pieces.
For most of the students this was their first experience on a large-scale transportation project site. Project team members provided valuable insight about the project and the profession, and students walked away with a better appreciation of the impacts their work can have on the community.
Building roads is about more than engineering equations and asphalt – it is about connecting people and places and creating new opportunities. The I-69 Finish Line project team is proud to give back to the community through educational opportunities that help shape the next generation of roadway engineers.
- The Mann Road ramp to eastbound I-465 is now open. Additional work at the Mann and Thompson intersection will occur next year.
- The intersection of Belmont Avenue and Banta Road is now open as a 4-way stop. Belmont Ave. near L&W Supply is closed. Access to and from L&W Supply is from Epler Avenue.
- The southbound U.S. 31/East Street ramp to I-465 westbound will remain closed into 2024.
- The exit ramp from northbound S.R. 37 to Smith Valley Road is expected to open late this week or early next. The ramp to northbound S.R. 37 will open about a week later.
- When the Smith Valley Road interchange is fully open, the traffic signal at S.R. 37 and Fairview Road will be removed.
- Northbound S.R. 37 will have a single lane condition from S.R. 144 to Olive Branch Road until the end of year.
- The right lane of northbound S.R. 37 will be closed from Stotts Creek to Big Bend Road for work to stabilize a hillside. This 2-mile single lane restriction will begin today and continue for approximately six months.
The actual starting date and duration for work and any closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.