I-69 Finish Line construction is heating up this month in Marion County.
Contractors are making good progress in replacing local road bridges over the southwest leg of I-465. The new Madison Avenue overpass is expected to open in mid-to late July, with the Carson Avenue overpass closing shortly afterward. The Mann Road and Thompson Road intersection, just south of the I-465 bridgework, is scheduled to close later this month for a long weekend of road construction from Thursday evening through early Monday morning.
West of State Road 37, utility crews are installing new service lines along Epler Avenue to clear the way for I-69 interchange construction. This work is expected to wrap up in mid- to late July, and Epler Avenue is scheduled to close shortly afterward for the rest of the year. Click here for a map of current and future road closures in the area.
- Safely installing new sign structures along southbound S.R. 37 will require lane closures from Southport Road to Fairview Road. The work is expected to begin tonight and continue for three nights.
- Expect nighttime I-465 lane closures as work continues to replace the Mann Road and Madison Avenue overpasses.
- I-69 interchange construction progress has closed Smith Valley Road west of S.R. 37 and is expected to restrict the road going east starting Tuesday night. Traffic will be shifted north through the work zone and restricted to one lane in each direction with no dedicated turn lanes.
- Installation of new Bargersville Water lines is ongoing along Smith Valley Road near Mullinix Road.
- Expect flaggers starting this week on Waverly Park Road/Old S.R. 37 south of S.R. 144. Crews will be adding temporary pavement for a future traffic shift, which allows roundabout construction to proceed.
- Paving is expected to begin this week for the last section of Morgan Street south of Teeters Road. The road extension and the Teeters Road bridge over S.R. 37 are expected to open in late July/early August.
- Crews are applying permanent pavement markings near Martinsville and removing temporary structures from the Teeters Road overpass. Follow the reduced speed limits and stay alert for changing lane closures.
The actual starting date and duration for work and any closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.