With new lanes of I-69 open in Morgan County and State Road 37 traffic shifted in Johnson County, I-69 Finish Line construction has entered a new phase for the winter. Freezing temperatures can limit some activities such as asphalt paving, but other construction work will continue through the winter to keep the project on track for a 2024 opening.
On Track project updates will be shared as needed. Watch for weekly On Track updates in early spring.
- Watch for Belmont Avenue closures for utility work between S.R. 37 and Winslet Boulevard. Access to Aspen Lake Apartments is from Southport Road.
- Two bridges over I-465 are expected to close next month. The Mooresville Road Bypass bridge will be closed for about three months. Mann Road, Thompson Road and High School Road will serve as the detour.
- The Madison Avenue bridge is expected to close for just over six months. The detour will be Thompson Road, Keystone Avenue and Hanna Avenue. Schedule updates will be shared on the project website and social media channels.
- The Carson Avenue and Mann Road bridges over I-465 will be closed for replacement later this year. Watch our project update video to learn more about Marion County construction planned for this year.
- Striping crews expect to shift S.R. 144 traffic south today onto temporary pavement between S.R. 37 and the White River bridge. Lane widths will be narrowed.
- Road crews expect to shift Huggin Hollow Road onto new pavement late this week or early next week to continue realignment north of S.R. 144.
- S.R. 37 traffic now shares one side of the road divided by concrete barrier between S.R. 144 and Belmont Avenue in Marion County. Crews are removing pavement and bridges for construction of the new I-69 lanes.
- Watch for daytime lane closures this week on S.R. 37 southbound between Stones Crossing Road and Olive Branch Road. Crews are expected to work in the shoulder between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Banta Road is now the first S.R. 37 traffic signal north of Evansville. It’s important to stay alert as drivers adjust to the new traffic pattern.
- Crews are completing pavement striping and expect to open S.R. 37 southbound to two lanes late this week or early next week between Banta Road and Martinsville. Work zone speed limits are 45 mph.
- Drivers are urged to slow down on the I-69 northbound ramp to S.R. 39/Morton Avenue. Temporary and permanent signs are being added to help slow traffic, and buzz strips will be installed when weather allows.
- Watch for crews working in the Henderson Ford Road roundabout at the S.R. 37 interchange. Pipes and drainage outlets are being installed to improve drainage in the roundabout.
The actual starting date and duration for work and any closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.