A YEAR OF MONUMENTAL PROGRESS!
As work continues on I-69 Finish Line throughout 2024, let’s step back to 2023 for a moment and review all the accomplishments we achieved last year. This year-end video highlighting accomplishments and successes we had in 2023 can be viewed by clicking the photo below and/or here.
- Overnight single and double-lane restrictions are expected this week on eastbound and westbound I-465 near Bluff Road, the Indiana Railroad overpass, and Harding Street. Lane restrictions will occur overnight between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. for existing pavement and bridge demolition work. Lane restrictions will take place one location at a time and are dependent upon weather.
- Demolition work to remove existing pavement and bridge decks continues on I-465 between Bluff Road and Harding Street. With this work comes extended periods of noise caused by breaking up existing concrete pavement and removing existing bridge decks to clear the path for new pavement and bridges along I-465. This work occurs at night so local roads adjacent to the demolition sites can be closed while overhead work is underway. It is anticipated that demolition work will continue for the next couple of weeks until the existing bridge decks and pavement of I-465 between Bluff Road and Harding Street are fully removed.
- As winter driving conditions persist, please drive safe and don’t crowd the plow, especially in construction zones. INDOT’s #YellowTrucks have many blind spots which is why it’s important to keep your distance when approaching one. Please plan your travels wisely and drive with caution, adjusting to the changing weather conditions. Check out 511in.org or download the free INDOT TrafficWise mobile app for road conditions near you. For more winter weather driving tips, visit indotwinterops.com. Stay informed, take it slow, and be safe while traveling.
- State Road 144 is now fully open to traffic following the conclusion of work activities taking place adjacent to the roadway. All construction barrels have been removed and all travel lanes are fully open to motorists. Major work at this location is now complete. Restrictions are expected to be removed at Smith Valley Road this week, weather permitting.
- Northbound SR 37 has a single lane restriction beginning just north of Stotts Creek and continuing for two miles. This alignment will continue through spring. Additional restrictions will occur as needed for movement of equipment.
Actual starting dates and duration of work and any closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.