Marion County motorists should expect increased activity on I-465 between I-70 and U.S. 31 before the end of the month. The following lanes and ramps will be closed during the eastbound I-465 lane closures in mid-December as crews switch traffic to new pavement:
- Two eastbound lanes of I-465 between I-70 and U.S. 31.
- S.R. 67/Kentucky Avenue ramp to/from eastbound I-465.
- Mann Road Ramp to/from I-465 eastbound.
- S.R. 37/Harding Street to/from eastbound I-465.
- I-70 east and westbound ramps to I-465 southbound/eastbound.
Heavy congestion is expected throughout the duration of the weekend closure. Motorists can visit 511in.org to view live traffic cameras and plan their commute accordingly. Click the link to view a map of the eastbound I-465 closures.
We appreciate your patience as we continue to bring I-69 closer to the Finish Line.
The I-69 Finish Line team wants to congratulate Andy Dietrick on a wonderful career with INDOT’s major project division and his dedication to the I-69 Finish Line project.
Andy worked behind the scenes to bring clear project communications to the motoring public for many of Indiana’s major projects, including I-69 Finish Line. Click here to watch this short video that highlights Andy’s career within the project.
- A ramp closure from eastbound I-465 to southbound I-65 is expected to begin 11 p.m. Monday night. The ramp is expect to reopen by 5 a.m. Tuesday morning following guardrail and sign repair.
- A weekend closure of the westbound I-465 ramp to northbound U.S. 31/East Street is expected this weekend. Crews will begin the closure starting Friday, December 8 and will open before the morning commute Monday, December 11.
- Construction crews expect to switch traffic on Southport Road on or after Wednesday, December 6. The new alignment will remain one lane eastbound and one lane westbound. The new northbound I-69 to Southport Road ramp is expected to open on or after December 6.
The actual starting date and duration for work and any closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.