Another major step towards progress on I-69 Finish Line will occur in Johnson County this week, and it involves the removal of one more traffic signal along the corridor.
If weather cooperates, road crews plan to partially open the new Smith Valley Road interchange on Tuesday afternoon. The partial opening will include the Smith Valley Road bridge over State Road 37, the southbound S.R. 37 entrance and exit ramps, and the Smith Valley Road/Mullinix Road roundabout to the east of S.R. 37.
The northbound S.R. 37 entrance and exit ramps will not open until later this year.
- The Mann Road exit ramp to eastbound I-465 is closed for up to two months to make room for crews to construct retaining walls and improve Thompson Road to accommodate new I-465 travel lanes. Motorists are encouraged to use Kentucky Avenue to eastbound I-465 during the closure.
- Expect nightly single-lane closures on east and westbound I-465 from Kentucky Avenue to U.S. 31. Road crews will be installing signage, lighting and drainage structures throughout the work zone.
- Watch for crews working along the shoulders of I-69/S.R. 37 in northern Morgan and Johnson counties as they continue installing fencing, cable barrier and conduit.
- Paving activities are expected this week near the S.R. 144 roundabout at Huggin Hollow Road and Old S.R. 37.
- There have been some incidents coming out of the single lane closure on northbound I-69 south of S.R. 144, mostly due to excessive speed. Motorists should pay close attention in this area, slow down and use extra caution when exiting the lane restriction.
The actual starting date and duration for work and any closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.