The future I-69 interchange at County Line Road is expected to open partially later this week.
County Line Road will reopen to through traffic underneath State Road 37 between two large roundabouts. The roundabout west of S.R. 37 will provide full access to the southbound entrance and exit ramps and the Bluffdale Drive frontage road.
A temporary exit ramp will also open, providing access from northbound S.R. 37 to County Line Road. This temporary ramp and Bluff Road will connect with the new County Line Road roundabout east of S.R. 37. Click here for the new traffic pattern and access points.
Drivers should stay alert and exercise caution for other vehicles adjusting to the traffic patterns. The northbound S.R. 37 exit ramp will begin just past the bridge over County Line Road and the ramp has an advisory speed limit of 25 mph.
- I-465 traffic should expect nightly lane closures and intermittent traffic stoppages of up to 20 minutes near bridgework at Mann Road and Carson Avenue.
- On going demolition of the Carson Avenue overpass for replacement will close the southbound I-65 ramp to westbound I-465 at night between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Expect S.R. 37 lane closures this week for mowing between S.R. 144 and Smith Valley Road.
- Slow down and watch for flaggers on Mullinix Road south of Smith Valley Road for ongoing waterline installation work. Crews expect to shift Smith Valley road traffic east of S.R. 37 next week and restore a dedicated left-turn lane to southbound S.R. 37.
- County Road 144 has reopened east of S.R. 37 following a drainage structure replacement project.
- Waverly Park Road/Old S.R. 37 shifted to temporary pavement last week and a temporary traffic signal was activated at S.R. 144. Old S.R. 37 and Wellington Drive remain closed north of S.R. 144 for roundabout construction.
- Weather permitting, final paving is expected to close the right lane of I-69 northbound and the S.R. 252 exit ramp overnight tonight. Remaining work to be completed at the interchange includes permanent striping, grinding rumble strips in the shoulders and paving the multi-use trail.
- Watch for the existing Morgan Street to open to the access road extension south of Martinsville Golf Club late this week or early next week.
- S.R. 37 opened last week to four lanes of traffic, two in each direction, north of Henderson Ford Road to S.R. 144. The I-69 Finish Line project remains an active work zone under contract, and police are enforcing a 55 mph speed limit in this area.
- Access road construction is ongoing in the Artesian Square Shopping Center anchored by the Martinsville Rural King and Kroger. A traffic signal is being installed where the new Ruth Rusie Way intersects Ohio Street.
The actual starting date and duration for work and any closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.