MARTINSVILLE, Ind. (Nov. 25, 2020) – Crews are scheduled for downtown Martinsville on Sunday, Nov. 29 and Monday, Nov. 30, weather permitting, to grind and restripe portions of Jefferson and Morgan streets. On Sunday, crews plan to grind off the pavement markings at various points along Morgan Street and on Jefferson Street between Washington and Pike streets.
I-69 Finish Line crews will take advantage of the current closure on Morgan Street to finish their work there. On Sunday and Monday, Jefferson Street is expected to be completely closed to accommodate the grinding and restriping.
To protect both workers and vehicles, no traffic or parking will be allowed on Jefferson Street during the operation. The hard closures with barricades will begin at three intersections: Jefferson and Morgan, Jefferson and Washington, and Jefferson and Pike.
The restriping of these two downtown Martinsville streets will result in Jefferson Street becoming one-way southbound from Morgan Street to Washington Street and one-way northbound from Morgan Street to Pike Street. The new traffic pattern will allow the stop signs at the intersection of Morgan and Jefferson to be removed.
Here’s a look at the changes drivers can expect:
- Restriping and change in direction on Jefferson Street.
- No stop signs at the Morgan Street and Jefferson Street intersection.
- Dedicated left-turn lanes from westbound Morgan Street to southbound Main Street and Jefferson Street.
- Dedicated left-turn lanes from eastbound Morgan Street to northbound Main Street and Jefferson Street.
- Temporary removal of street parking along the south side of Morgan Street because of the added left turn lane.
- Addition of temporary parking spaces on the west side of Jefferson Street.
- Angled parking along Jefferson Street south of Morgan Street will reverse direction.