Did you know I-69 Finish Line includes eight miles of I-465 on the south side of Indianapolis? View our maps webpage.
Night work is occurring this week over I-465 to replace the Duke Energy facilities just east of Mann Road. This is a major transmission line and will involve a series of 20-minute stoppages to drop and reset the wires. Both eastbound and westbound I-465, including the eastbound on ramps from Kentucky Avenue and Mann Road, will be impacted.
Keystone Avenue bridge work continues, and one lane of I-465 may be closed in each direction starting at 9 p.m. and two lanes after 11 p.m. At both locations, there will be 20-minute closures of I-465 starting at 11 p.m. with traffic given time to clear between stoppages. All lanes will be reopened by 5 a.m. each morning. A reminder that the Mooresville Road Bypass bridge over I-465 will remain open until the spring. The Mooresville Road Bypass, Carson Avenue, Madison Avenue and Mann Road bridges over I-465 are scheduled to close in phases throughout 2022 to maintain local access across I-465. Our website provides a color-coded map for when construction is starting along the corridor.
- Work is occurring around the clock to complete the new I-69 interchange at Henderson Ford Road. The new State Road 37 southbound exit ramp and the Henderson Ford Road overpass have opened. The temporary S.R. 37 signal has moved to Ennis Road. Read more about the local access changes in the area.
- Continue to watch for truck traffic entering and exiting the work zone at S.R. 252 in Martinsville. Road crews are paving in the area and will be moving loads of fill material soon.
- You may see additional truck traffic between Martinsville and Bloomington on Sundays. Contractors are using I-69 and S.R. 37 to haul in crushed stone needed in Martinsville.
- Waterman’s Farm Market will have a new entrance when it opens for the season on Saturday. The S.R. 37 driveway is permanently closed and a new access road along the highway connects south to Fairview Road.
- Another access road section between Fairview Road and McCarty Mulch is expected to open next week, allowing Bluff/Bluffdale Road access to S.R. 37 to close permanently near Angel Animal Hospital. Access on both sides of S.R. 37 will be from Fairview Road to the north. Click to view a map of the new access roads in the area.
- Running in “Wine at the Line” on Saturday? There’s no access from S.R. 37 to Banta Road or Whiteland Road. Turn east at the signal onto County Road 144 to access Mallow Run Winery.
- S.R. 37 access to and from Olive Branch Road (County Road 800 North) is also expected to close permanently within the next two weeks.
- Expect lane closures and stopped traffic Monday and Tuesday evening on S.R. 37 near Wicker Road for lighting and signal work. Police are expected to direct traffic at the intersection after 9 p.m. Tuesday.
- Two 20-minute S.R. 37 stoppages are also scheduled between 11 p.m. and 4 a.m. Wednesday. Crews are removing overhead utility lines between County Line Road and Wicker Road.
- S.R. 37 southbound now shifts across the center median past Belmont Avenue. The new traffic pattern was put in place late last week. Crews continue removing the old southbound pavement and bridges to build the new I-69 between Belmont Avenue and Fairview Road.
- Prepare for a new traffic pattern on Wicker Road west of S.R. 37. A new access road is expected to open in the next couple of weeks connecting with Glenns Valley Lane. That will allow the S.R. 37 intersection to close permanently.
- Slow down and move over for daytime mowing crews along the I-465 south leg and S.R. 37 in both Marion and Johnson counties.
The actual starting date and duration for work and any closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.