Another stoplight is on track to be removed for S.R. 37 through traffic later this week. Crews are preparing to shift State Road 144 onto new pavement and the bridge over future I-69.
The new bridge and stoplight removal will change S.R. 144 access at S.R. 37. A southbound S.R. 37 exit ramp and a northbound S.R. 37 on-ramp will open for traffic.
Over the next few months, earth-moving crews will place and compact dirt where traffic is currently using S.R. 144. This will allow for completion of the ramps south of the S.R. 144 bridge. Two movements will be detoured until the work is completed late this year. This involves northbound S.R. 37 access to S.R. 144 and S.R. 144 access to southbound S.R. 37.
The detour for heavy highway traffic follows northbound S.R. 37 to County Line Road, where drivers can loop through the interchange and reenter southbound S.R. 37. Another alternate route is Bluffdale Drive and Old S.R. 37 west of the future I-69. This can be accessed from the S.R. 37 signal at Fairview Road.
- Stay alert for flaggers and expect short delays through 3 p.m. today for pothole patching on Banta Road west of Belmont Avenue.
- I-465 traffic should continue to expect nightly lane closures near the Carson Avenue and Mann Road bridge replacement projects. The Carson Avenue bridgework also requires intermittent nighttime closures of the nearby southbound I-65 ramp to westbound I-465.
- Crews will be working early this week north and south of the Mann Road bridge construction site. Traffic should expect flaggers and short delays between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
- Old S.R. 37/Waverly Park Road north of S.R. 144 is expected to reopen at the traffic signal when traffic is shifted to the new pavement and the new bridge.
- Southbound S.R. 37 traffic is expected to shift onto new pavement south of Fairview Road next week. This is the third of four traffic switches allowing crews to complete the mainline I-69 pavement and bridges.
- Access road construction is ongoing in the Artesian Square Shopping Center with the Martinsville Kroger and Rural King. A new Ohio Street traffic signal at the Ruth Rusie Way entrance is expected to be active after the paving work is completed.
- Stay alert for work along the future I-69 near the recently opened overpasses at Myra Lane and Teeters Road. Crews are installing median cable barrier, removing temporary driveways, applying the final layer of pavement and completing pavement markings.
The actual starting date and duration for work and any closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.