- The new Southport Road interchange for the future I-69 is expected to open partially next month. Crews are connecting the new and old roadways and shifted Southport Road west of State Road 37 over the weekend.
- Expect new Southport Road traffic signals at S.R. 37 access points, Wellingshire Boulevard and the realigned Belmont Avenue to be turned on when the interchange opens partially.
- Work on the Carson Avenue bridge over I-465 (pictured above) continues with nighttime lane closures for crews to prepare the bridge deck for concrete.
- Crews are making progress installing a new drainage structure beneath Wicker Road near S.R. 37. Paving through the area is expected to begin this week.
- Bridgework on the future Smith Valley Road overpass will require daytime single-lane closures on S.R. 37 starting late this week. Work is expected to begin with the right lane of southbound S.R. 37 and move across the median into the northbound lanes.
- The new northbound S.R. 37 exit ramp to S.R. 144 may open as early as next week. The movement is currently closed, and traffic is being detoured north. The southbound S.R. 37 exit ramp to S.R. 144 is also expected to shift slightly onto a new location and new pavement at that time.
- Slow down and stay alert for Old S.R. 37/Waverly Park Road traffic to shift into a temporary traffic pattern this week at S.R. 144. It will allow roundabout construction to proceed and nearby Huggin Hollow Road to reopen east of Waverly Park Road.
- Cable barrier installation, permanent striping and other finishing touches are nearing completion along S.R. 37 between Martinsville and Henderson Ford Road. In the coming weeks, expect four lanes to open – two in each direction – and temporary lane closures to be used in Morgan County only when needed.
The actual starting date and duration for work and any closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.