Two significant, extended closures are on the horizon in southern Marion County. Two bridges over I-465 are scheduled to close later in July. The existing Keystone Avenue and Mooresville Road Bypass bridges will be fully reconstructed during the closures.
Both bridges are expected to close on or after Monday, July 19. The Keystone Avenue bridge is expected to be closed up to 120 days. The Mooresville Road Bypass bridge will be closed up to 90 days.
Drivers who typically use the Keystone Avenue bridge will cross I-465 using the Madison Avenue bridge. Click here to see the detour map. Drivers north of the Keystone closure will use East Hanna Avenue and Shelby Street to reach the Madison Avenue bridge. Drivers to the south of the Keystone closure will use Thompson Road to reach Madison Avenue.
Drivers who typically use the Mooresville Road Bypass bridge will cross I-465 at the Mann Road bridge. Click here to see a map of the detour route. Drivers can use Kentucky Avenue or Thompson Road to reach Mann Road.
- Concrete will be flowing for more new bridges. Concrete for the State Road 39 bridges is expected to be poured this week. Watch for increased truck traffic in the area from early evening through mid-morning.
- Watch for a shift in traffic soon on S.R. 252 and Ohio Street. Traffic near S.R. 37 is expected to shift later this week. The new patterns will allow construction to continue for the I-69 bridge over Ohio Street and the S.R. 252 roundabouts.
- Headed to the Morgan County Fairgrounds later this week? Don’t forget to arrive early to help beat the traffic. Justin Moore is the headliner Friday. Music starts at 7 p.m. Gates open at 3 p.m.
- It’s another sign of progress. Banta Road north of S.R. 37 is expected to reopen midweek across new pavement.
- Watch for overnight closures on Mullinex Road this week for pipe installation. Work is expected 8 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Truck traffic is picking up in the construction zone. Be sure to watch for more trucks entering and exiting the construction zone. Slow down and stay alert.
- Ground crews have begun right of way clearing between Fairview and Wicker roads. This work includes the removal of stumps, vegetation and old right of way fencing. If you are using state ROW fence as part of a pet or other enclosure, please be aware that fencing along this area of S.R. 37 will be removed in the coming days.
- You’ll continue to see flaggers at Wicker Road just west of S.R. 37. Also watch for construction traffic entering and exiting the area.
- With I-65 and I-70 closed at the North Split, lane closures will be minimized on I-465 while it serves as the detour. Expect shoulder closures next week to accommodate overnight work.
The actual starting date and duration for work and any closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.