More progress means more upcoming traffic shifts for motorists – this time for drivers on State Road 37 in southern Marion and northern Johnson counties.
S.R. 37 southbound traffic is expected to shift across the center median this week from Wicker Road to Fairview Road. This area includes the County Line Road intersection.
With any change in traffic pattern, it’s important for motorists to slow down, avoid distractions and pay attention to the road. A reduced speed limit is in effect in the construction zone.
This section of S.R. 37 will remain four lanes – two in each direction – during construction with lane closures occurring at night when needed. Shifting traffic will allow crews to begin building the new I-69 lane in stages, including bridges over Wicker Road, Pleasant Run Creek and County Line Road.
- Expect to see flagging activity in force on S.R. 252 at S.R. 37 where a new bridge is under construction. Extensive dirt work will be underway over the next couple of weeks and trucks will need to cross S.R. 252 with the help of flaggers. Consider an alternate route. If driving in the area, be sure to slow down, avoid distractions and stay alert in the area.
- S.R. 37 northbound traffic has shifted across the median from south of Henderson Ford Road to S.R. 144. Local traffic on this section is using the new and rehabilitated I-69 southbound lanes, allowing road and bridge construction on the northbound side to begin. Drive carefully and watch for construction activity along your route.
- The Morgan County Fair begins late this week! Expect added traffic near the fairgrounds and motorists should plan for extra time when headed to the fair. Visit our website for maps to navigate the S.R. 37 closure and restrictions.
- Watch for changing traffic patterns where Mahalasville Road/Artesian Avenue meets the realigned Commercial Boulevard. The new Southview Drive alignment is expected to open next month.
- The access road between Stones Crossing Road and Travis Road is expected to open on or after Tuesday, July 27.
- A small section of Huggin Hollow Road station is expected to close on or after August 9 between S.R. 144 and the BP gas station. Access to the gas station is being realigned to the west.
- It’s easy to take a long-term look ahead at what work is expected in Johnson County. Our color-coded construction start maps show, by county, what year different phases of the project are expected to begin construction. Scroll down and click on Johnson County maps to expand and download the maps.
- Southbound S.R. 37 traffic is scheduled to shift across the median late this week or early next week from Wicker Road to Fairview Road. This section of S.R. 37 will remain two lanes in each direction.
- Building demolition has begun on the southeast corner of S.R. 37 and Southport Road to clear the path for a future I-69 interchange. Drivers are urged to avoid distractions and stay focused.
- Thompson Road is scheduled to close permanently between Warman Avenue and Stoops Freightliner on or after Thursday, July 29. Access will be maintained for the Sunshine Gardens neighborhood from Epler Avenue.
The actual starting date and duration for work and any closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.