On Friday night, I-69 Finish Line contractors poured large quantities of concrete for the new Mann Road bridge deck. It’s the fourth of five bridges to be replaced over I-465, and it’s on track to reopen for local traffic in September.
The new overpasses will allow work to occur in 2023 and 2024 to rebuild and add lanes to I-465 between I-70 and I-65 on the southwest side of Indianapolis. When completed, I-465 will be eight through lanes – four in each direction – with additional ramp lanes near interchanges. An interstate system interchange will connect the new I-69 and I-465 just west of the current State Road 37/Harding Street exit.
- Carson Avenue overpass demolition requires nighttime closures of the southbound I-65 ramp to I-465 westbound and I-465 lanes. Intermittent I-465 traffic stoppages of up to 20 minutes may occur between 11 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Crews installing a new gas line have closed the center lanes of Southport Road near S.R. 37. The lane closures are expected to last through late next week. The I-69 Finish Line project is completing installation of more than 120 miles of new utility lines across three counties, including 27 miles of new gas lines. Click here for a short video to learn more.
- Smith Valley Road traffic east of S.R. 37 is expected to shift this week, allowing a dedicated left-turn lane to be restored onto southbound S.R. 37. Smith Valley Road remains closed west of S.R. 37 for interchange construction.
- Watch for crews installing concrete barrier along S.R. 37 between the S.R. 144 and Banta Road signals. They are preparing for an upcoming traffic shift.
- Stay alert for mowing crews in the work zone.
- The Morgan Street extension is expected to open for through traffic this week. It connects local traffic along the west side of the future I-69 between Martinsville and the Old S.R. 37/Egbert Road overpass.
- Next week, the new Teeters Road and Myra Lane bridges over future I-69 are expected to open and the temporary S.R. 37 driveways to Martinsville First Methodist Church and Ozark Fisheries are expected to close. Click here for a map of the new overpasses and access roads.
- Final paving has been completed for the I-69 mainline and S.R. 252 ramps. The speed limit is reduced to 45 mph in Martinsville for ongoing work in the area including permanent striping and grinding rumble strips in the shoulders.
- Slow down and watch for crews performing side-slope repairs in the northbound S.R. 37 shoulder near the Perry Road overpass.
The actual starting date and duration for work and any closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.