Traffic pattern changes on State Road 37 are another sign of construction progress in Johnson and Morgan counties.
Stay alert for a traffic switch midweek from Olive Branch Road/County Road 800 North to Stones Crossing Road/CR 700 North in Johnson County. S.R. 37 southbound will cross the median and be separated from northbound traffic using concrete barriers. This will allow crews to begin replacing a creek crossing.
Drivers should expect lane closures and rolling stops at night as the new traffic pattern is put into place. Once complete, Olive Branch Road traffic will not be able to cross S.R. 37 and all left-turn movements at the intersection will be closed. Traffic will still be able to turn right in and right out.
Another traffic shift occurred late last week for S.R. 37 traffic north of Martinsville. Changing road elevations required moving Myra Lane and Teeters Road access to the south and the temporary closure of Twin Branch Road east of S.R. 37. You can read more about it here.
Drivers: we need your help! Slow down and stay alert as other vehicles adjust to these new traffic patterns.
- Starting midweek, S.R. 37 from the Indian Creek bridge to S.R. 39 will be restricted to one lane northbound during daytime hours. The single-lane condition is expected to last about two weeks.
- Sidewalk, curb and guardrail installation continues for the realigned Southview Drive between the Williamsburg Apartments and Mahalasville Road. It’s expected to open for traffic in the next couple of weeks.
- Noise barrier installation continues along neighborhoods west of the new I-69 between Grand Valley Boulevard and S.R. 39 in Martinsville. As this work is completed, concrete crews will move north through the area to pave the new I-69 lanes.
- Watch for flaggers on Old S.R. 37 where utility crews are working north of S.R. 144. Once completed later this week, Huggin Hollow Road is expected to close temporarily north of S.R. 144. Access to the gas stations, storage facility and nearby properties will be maintained from S.R. 144 and Old S.R. 37 to the north.
- Johnson County Highway Department is scheduled to close Morgantown Road/County Road 500 West today to repair a creek crossing between Fairview Road and Smith Valley Road. The detour over Peterman Road/CR 400 W is expected to be in place for about three weeks.
- Watch for a concrete deck pour midweek for the first new bridge in Marion County. The access road bridge will connect Wicker Road and County Line Road over Pleasant Run Creek, near Glenns Valley Church. The pour will happen at night and bring more construction vehicles to the area.
- The next bridges to begin construction cross over I-465. The Keystone Avenue bridge is scheduled to close for demolition around August 23 and work on the Mooresville Road Bypass bridge is expected to begin around September 7.
- Watch for rolling slowdowns one night near the S.R. 37 and Southport Road intersection. Crews will be installing new overhead power lines.
The actual starting date and duration for work and any closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.