As temperatures rise and the heavy earth-moving equipment starts to roll out of Martinsville, paving crews are applying asphalt and permanent striping for the final product. Applying these finishing touches to the new I-69 will require temporary closures of entrance and exit ramps at the State Road 252/S.R. 44 and S.R. 39/Morton Avenue interchanges.
Temporary nighttime closures of the I-69 entrance and exit ramps at Ohio Street are expected to begin midweek.
The northbound and southbound I-69 exit ramps at S.R. 39/Morton Avenue are expected to close next week and remain closed for about two weeks. The on-ramps to I-69 and access to Southview Drive will remain open while crews complete the new roundabout at S.R. 39/Morton Avenue and Rogers Road.
Daytime traffic should slow down and stay alert for flaggers near the new I-69 as paving work continues along S.R. 39/Morgan Street, S.R. 44/Reuben Drive, Ohio Street and Commercial Boulevard.
- Expect nighttime I-465 lane closures and 20-minute traffic stoppages to continue for bridgework near Madison Avenue and Mooresville Road Bypass. Nighttime lane closures are also needed for median work between Mann Road and S.R. 37/Harding Street.
- Short nighttime I-465 ramp closures at U.S. 31/East Street are expected to begin in the coming weeks. Crews will be removing overhead light towers in the interchange.
- Crews expect to close one lane of S.R. 37 tonight to repair pavement near Southport and Wicker roads.
- Seek alternate routes and expect delays early this week near the intersection of S.R. 37 and S.R. 144. Lane closures are expected for northbound S.R. 37 today and southbound S.R. 37 tomorrow to deliver and stage large bridge beams.
- Expect S.R. 37 traffic stoppages of up to 20 minutes between 9 p.m. and 6 a.m. Cranes will be lifting structural beams into place for the future S.R. 144 bridge.
- The dedicated turn lane from southbound S.R. 37 to westbound S.R. 144 is also expected to close during the day today and Tuesday. Turning traffic will use the right through lane.
- Expect daytime right lane closures on S.R. 37 this Expect I-69 northbound to be reduced to one lane north of S.R. 44 on Tuesday to remove a crane from the Teeters Road overpass.
- S.R. 44 is scheduled to close east of Martinsville during the day on Thursday. INDOT maintenance crews will be replacing culverts just west of Deerfield Boulevard and between Cope Road and Wampler Road. Click here for a map and to read more.
The actual starting date and duration for work and any closures may be adjusted if inclement weather or other unforeseen activities occur.