Be prepared to see a lot of activity on State Road 39 this week, from S.R. 37 to S.R. 67. Crews are making improvements to S.R. 39 in advance of next year’s temporary closure of S.R. 37. A five-mile section of S.R. 37 in Martinsville will close for most of 2021. Watch this short video to learn more. Portions of S.R. 39 are being widened to four lanes to move more traffic during the closure. Expect flagging operations on S.R. 39 for the next week or two for patching, striping and pavement widening.
Barrier wall installed on S.R. 39 means adjusting access to some businesses. Access to businesses northwest of S.R. 39 and Morton Avenue is from their rear entrances along Josephine Street. Access to Superior Auto will be from Poston Road. Access to Brothers Restaurant is from Mitchell Avenue instead of S.R. 39. Harriet Street remains closed in the area with traffic routed onto Dickson Avenue and Cherry Street.
As a reminder, S.R. 39 is scheduled to close this week (Monday-Friday) at the railroad crossing between Morton Avenue and Morgan Street for crossing reconstruction. Click here to see a map of the area. This work is not part of I-69 Finish Line, but there will be a lot of activity this week along S.R. 39. You can see all of the improvements being made to S.R. 39 as part of I-69 Finish Line here.
- The intersection at Grand Valley Boulevard and Birk Road reopened this past week. Crews are continuing prep work for sidewalks in the area and along Artesian Avenue.
- Construction and paving work continues at Myra Lane with Myra continuing to be one-way heading west from S.R. 37. Traffic is expected to shift to the inside (right) lane on or after Tuesday, May 5.
- Our essential crews remain at work and continue to move us closer to the I-69 Finish Line. Watch this short video to meet one of our crew members and learn more about the project.
- Crews are finishing paint and other work on the new Grand Valley Bridge overpass. The right lane of southbound S.R. 37 and the left lane of northbound S.R. 37 are expected to close this morning. Closures will shift as work is completed. Watch for closures throughout the week.
- The ramp from S.R. 39 to northbound S.R. 37 is expected to close for a few hours Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights for pavement patching.
- Lane closures are possible on S.R. 37 near Egbert Road, Henderson-Ford Road and Perry Road as construction continues on new overpasses. Expect inside lane closures during the day. Short, rolling closures are also possible to move equipment and materials.
Reminder: The project office is closed temporarily, but you can call or email with any questions, 855-INDOT-4U and [email protected].
About I-69 Finish Line
I-69 Finish Line is the sixth and final section of the Interstate 69 connection between Evansville and Indianapolis. The project will upgrade the existing State Road 37 to interstate standards between Martinsville and Indianapolis.
Governor Eric Holcomb’s Next Level Connections program fully funded the $1.5 billion project and accelerated construction by three years. I-69 Finish Line is expected to open to traffic in late 2024, improving safety and reducing travel time.