Drivers should expect flaggers and changing traffic patterns at the State Road 39 and Morton Avenue intersection this week. Traffic will be shifted to allow crews to remove the median island and repave the area. The work is expected to begin on or after Monday, April 27 and take three to four days to complete. Click here to see a map of the area.
There will be a lot of construction activity continuing in the area. Harriet Street is scheduled to close at the south end of the intersection for several weeks, starting Monday, with traffic routed onto Dickson Avenue and Cherry Street.
Businesses northwest of the intersection may be accessed using their rear entrances off Josephine Street. This includes Big Red Liquors, Citizens Bank, Morgan Insurance Group, Courtland Title & Escrow, and Forguites, Weimer and Haden, LLC. Signage will be in place.
A little farther north on S.R. 39, customers can still get to Brothers on 39 restaurant using West Mitchell Avenue.
- Utility crews continue to clear the way for progress. INDOT is coordinating with more than 40 utility companies to relocate more than 120 miles of service lines. Check out this Pit Pass video to see crews in action.
- New pavement is in place at the Grand Valley Boulevard intersection at Birk Road. Watch for the intersection to reopen this week!
- Center pier construction continues for new overpasses near Egbert Road, Henderson Ford Road and Perry Road. Watch for crews in the area and expect lane closures.
- Watch for lane closures and rolling closures on S.R. 37 to move equipment and materials. The left lane of southbound S.R. 37 at Egbert Road is expected to close each day 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Rolling closures are expected daily at Henderson Ford Road and will last about 10 minutes. Temporary lane closures are scheduled later this week at Henderson Ford Road and Perry Road and rolling closures Thursday and Friday at Waverly Road.
- Prepare for intermittent closures on S.R. 37 near the Grand Valley Boulevard over the next several weeks. Crews are continuing roadwork and painting in the area.
- Expect the ramp from S.R. 39 to northbound S.R. 37 to close for a short time at the end of the week. Closures are expected to last a few hours Thursday and Friday night.
- New signs are up for the I-69 Finish Line project office on Waverly Road, but remember the office remains closed because of the COVID-19 pandemic. You can always call or email with any questions, 855-INDOT-4U and [email protected].
Reminder: The project office is closed temporarily, but you can call or email with any questions, 855-INDOT-4U and [email protected].
About I-69 Finish Line
I-69 Finish Line is the sixth and final section of the Interstate 69 connection between Evansville and Indianapolis. The project will upgrade the existing State Road 37 to interstate standards between Martinsville and Indianapolis.
Governor Eric Holcomb’s Next Level Connections program fully funded the $1.5 billion project and accelerated construction by three years. I-69 Finish Line is expected to open to traffic in late 2024, improving safety and reducing travel time.